Frank Frenzy, Ben Davitt & MC Flipside – Friday April 8 2011
DOWNLOAD SHOW HERE
The Guvernment is giving away 2 pairs of tickets to Markus Schulz every week until he’s here and a grand prize – meet & greet!
The rules: The 2 people to post their favourite Markus Schulz track to our wall and get the most ORIGINAL ‘Likes’ (this means you cannot ‘Like’ more than one post) on their post will win a pair of tickets to MARKUS SCHULZ.
Contest #1 ends Friday at 5pm.
Contest #2 starts Saturday April 9th at 10am and ends (check back here for a date).
GRAND PRIZE: The person with the most votes (‘Likes’) from contest #1 and contest #2 will win the meet and greet with Markus Schulz, signed cd, and a photo with Markus Schulz. All for you and a friend.
UPDATE: Yes, you can win this prize if you have won prizes with us in the past. You put the work in, you win the prize. You cannot win tickets for Markus Schulz next week if you win this week, but you can win the grand prize even if you win this week. GOOD LUCK!
FM RADIO SHOW FOR APRIL 8 2011
This is my latest show of International guest djs for Friday April 8 2011 from 3 – 5 a.m. on 100.7 CHIN FM Toronto, Canada, I have the pleasure of featuring friends, Ben Davitt (UK) and MC Flipside (PBR, Canada)
== Hour 1 ==
Featuring Ben Davitt
About Ben Davitt
1. Johnny Dynell – Jam Hot(Ben Davitt’s Master Class Intro)
2. Nicc Johnson – Boogie
3. David Penn, Rober Gaez – Sunshine People
4. Solo – Joga Bola (Ben Davitt Radio edit)
5. Avicii, Sebastien Drums – My feelings For you
6. Butch – XTC
7. Jay Lumen & Umek – Popgirls
8. Danny Jay – That Disco Thing
9. Felix Leiter – Sky High
10. Nina Kraviz – I’m Gonna Get You (Ben Davitt Outro Remix)
== Hour 2 ==
Featuring MC Flipside
About MC Flipside
– MC Flipside is Canada’s most globally recognized DJ / Vocalist and Producer who embodies house music and its various genres. All via his unique and signature style.
– Co-Owner of PBR Recordings – home to some of the world’s best house music artists.
– Toured the world several times, igniting the scene in countries such as Canada, United States, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Colombia, Japan, China, Germany, Italy, England, Croatia and Australia.
– Received support on his early productions from heavyweights Roger Sanchez, Josh Wink, DJ Dan, Bad Boy Bill, and Donald Glaude.
– Received a Juno nomination (Canada’s equivalent to the Grammys) in 2005 for his work on M1’s ‘Robopop’ album.
– Had a song appear on the MTV Ibiza compilation mixed by DJ Jean.
– His collaboration in 2005 with DJ Fuse (‘Vegas’) appeared on MTV’s ‘Road Rules’.
– MC Flipside’s alter-ego MIC Perri released ‘Have a Nice Day’ in 2007 and immediately received support from BBC Radio DJ Judge Jules (M1’s remix).
– ‘Have a Nice Day’ also received support from Armand Van Helden, Steve Porter & Joachim — Gerraud and was licensed to Malente’s ‘WHOW’ mixed compilation.
– Flipside’s music and collaborative projects are continuously licensed and his music has appeared on such compilations as Ibiza Annual 2008 (Ministry of Sound), Global Underground 2009, Godskitchen 2009, Canada’s Finest House (Hi Bias/Warner), Cream Ibiza (Paul Van Dyk mixed compilation) and Pure Dance 2008 (Universal).
– Canada’s Finest House spawned his international club banger ‘Just the Tip’, which landed at number #1 overall on Beatport.
– His collaboration with Deadmau5 on ‘Hi Friend’ reached top 10 on Beatport, smashed dance-floors across the globe and was featured on ‘Gossip Girl’.
– Flipside’s work with Chicago’s House Moguls on ‘Get that Feeling’ appeared on ABC’s smash primetime show ‘Ugly Betty’.
– In 2009, Flipside received a Juno nomination in the Best Dance Recording category for ‘Get Blahsted’, a collaborative effort with Juno award winner Hatiras.
– 2009 continued to be fruitful as Flipside released collaborations on labels such as Toolroom, Cr2 and Ministry of Sound other than his PBR recordings.
– 2009 was a banner year as Flipside worked with Juno Award winner and Grammy nominee Deadmau5 (‘Hi Friend’), Juno nominee M1 (‘Beside You’), A-Divizion (‘What It’s About’), Lee Mortimer (‘That Thing’), Hatiras (‘Autograph’, ‘Open Up Your Eyes’, ‘Tribute’) and Wolfgang Gartner (‘Flashback’).
– Between 2007-2009 Flipside signature sound appeared on over 45 chart topping singles and more than a dozen number ones on digital sites such as Beatport, Trackitdown and DJ Download with worldwide sales.
– His label ‘PBR Recordings’ has become among the favorites with the Beatport faithful and recognized as one of Canada’s leading electronic music labels. Receiving support and plays from elite members of the electronic dance music community.
– 2010 began where 2009 left off, seeing Flipside’s collaborations with Funkagenda (‘Nobody Listens to Techno’) and Dutch sensation Bart B. More (‘In the Zone’) top the charts on Beatport and light up WMC in Miami (‘In the Zone’).
– Currently garnering support from heavyweights such as: The SwedishHouse Mafia, Fedde Le Grand, Kaskade, Axwell, Paul Van Dyk, Wolfgang Gartner, Dirty South, David Guetta and the legendary Bad Boy Bill to name a few.
– Deadmau5 wins a 2010 Juno Award in the category of Dance Recording of the Year for the album ‘For Lack of a Better Name’ – perhaps one of the most recognized singles “Hi Friend” features MC Flipside’s vocals also demonstrating his unique lyrical ability to write and arrange vocals.
– He gets a #1 Techno track with “Nobody Listens to Techno” (Funkagenda).
– Also a #1 Electro track with his “In The Zone” remixed by Bart B More.
– Flipside receives further support for 2010 from: Swedish House Mafia, Kaskade, Fedde Le Grand, Paul Van Dyk, Armand Van Helden and David Guetta.
– He closed 2010 with a banging Australian 12 day Tour and an outstanding new years eve performance in Denver.
– With the ability to entrance a dance-floor with his vocals and DJ skills, Flipside is perched and ready to take over electronic music around the world.
– In 2011 expect more wicked material from the “The Voice of House Music” MC Flipside. Be on the lookout as “The Music Creator” starts moving some of his work towards mainstream radio and pop music charts in preparation to drop his new album!
Thank you to all the record labels, artists, dj’s, producers for staying connected with me, keeping me updated with their latest material or talent. Keep them coming my way as I love supporting your craft here in Toronto.
Anyone interested in having their tracks featured with me or being a sponsor, e-mail email@example.com or any of my social networks.
Your One-Stop Shop for Collectables & Novelties: Toys, Action Figures, Statues, T-shirts, Hats, Comics, Books, Anime, Manga, Cards, DVDs, Video Games and more.
INK Event Tickets
Dolce Social Ballroom:
Tags: 100.7, Ben Davitt, canada, dj, electronica, entertainment, fm, frank, frank frenzy, free, house, live, London, mail, MC Flipside, mp3, net, phone, pizza, podcast, prizes, productions, radio, show, sponsors, stream, toronto, trance